Radioiodinated methylene blue for melanoma targeting: Chemical characterisation and tumour selectivity of labelled components

Blower, Philip J. and Clark, Katherine and Link, Eva M. (1997) Radioiodinated methylene blue for melanoma targeting: Chemical characterisation and tumour selectivity of labelled components. Nuclear Medicine and Biology, 24 (4). pp. 305-310. ISSN 0883-2897. (The full text of this publication is not available from this repository)

The full text of this publication is not available from this repository. (Contact us about this Publication)
Official URL
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0969-8051(97)00040-1

Abstract

Radioiodinated methylene blue contains a mixture of components showing selective uptake in human pigmented melanoma, and it has potential for imaging and therapy. Nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectroscopic studies show that the majority of the radioactivity (85%) is in the form of monoiodinated methylene blue, 4-iodo-3-methylamino-7-dimethylaminophenaza thionium chloride. The amino group ortho to iodine has become demethylated to a mono-methylamino group, The remainder (15%) of the mixture is the doubly labelled 4,5-diiodo-3,7-bis(methylamino) phenazathionium chloride. The separated components show similar tumour selectivity in athymic mice bearing human pigmented melanomas. (C) 1997 Elsevier Science Inc.

Item Type: Article
Depositing User: T. Nasir
Date Deposited: 29 Oct 2009 05:56
Last Modified: 11 Jun 2014 13:53
Resource URI: http://kar.kent.ac.uk/id/eprint/18297 (The current URI for this page, for reference purposes)
  • Depositors only (login required):